Saturday, February 25, 2012

memoir blog

My favorite memoir from this website is called Death's Lesson.  It was written by Mitchell W. a fourteen year old from Oregon.  He wrote his memoir about his grandpa dying.  I liked this memoir for a variety of reasons.  For one thing he uses very detailed writing to describe what is going on.  Whether it is using detailed writing to describe the hospital or adding small details such as how he tucked in his shirt.  He is always pointing out the small things.  Second I like the tone of the memoir, it is very reflective and you can tell that the writer is looking back on an event.  While The Chase had a quick exciting pace this is slower and sadder.  The writer does a great job mixing the actual story with the reflection on it.  It all happens together and it really pulled me in as a reader.  The last reason I choose this memoir is that I can relate to it.  It made me think a lot about when my grandma died a few years ago.  In the end the writer talks about the lessons that he learned from the death of his grandpa.  I like this and see it as a good final reflection on the entire piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment